View Single Post
      04-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #109
copene
Rep
Drives: BMX 2020 X3

Hey guys, so here's a few pics on how to install the MATCH UP 7 DSP and external sub amp. I'm using a PPI i650.1 because it's powerful, cheap, clean sounding and fits this build perfectly.

The battery is in the trunk and the positive lead can be fished to the amp area easily by hand. I traced a quarter on the RED power line plastic cover and cut it so the 4awg lead could pass through. I screwed the 100AMP fuse to the hard foam insert and is located about 10" from the battery.

The black metal bracket holding the RAM module is held on by 3 bolts, unhook the RAM module and take out the 3 bolts. Basically what you're going to do is FLIP the RAM module so that's installed on the opposite side using the same bolt holes. You'll have to bang out the three black screws and replace them with three 1" bolts with nuts just like it's originally installed. Here's where it gets a little tricky.... I took the black bracket and traced it onto a piece of 1/4" wood and cut it out to fit perfectly on top of the black bracket. This way you can bolt the new amps to the wood and have something between metal on metal. I drilled pilot holes through the wood using the same holes I banged out that were holding the RAM module on and bolted the RAM module to the back while also securing the wood to the bracket. I then bolted on the Match up upside down and the PPI i650.1 using small 1/4" screws and larger 1" bolts with nuts going right through the wood and metal. Make sure you have a good drill and also make sure you pound down the weird hooks and raised black metal parts on the bracket. I guess they use this piece for many vehicles as there are other screws and inserts that are not used that need to be knocked out and flattened to be able to mount your 1/4" wood or plastic you'll be mounting to the black metal.

I was going to use the top left factory bolt to ground to so I grinded the black paint off but there is a better point to ground to that already has a bunch of BROWN wires (grounds) going to it under the next panel that easily comes off by taking out the two plastic pop up screws.

The rest is basic amp setup. Let me know if this helps or if you need any other info.

PS the bottom two photos are flipped. Both need to be flipped right 90 degrees.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
pneumodoc235.00