06-28-2021, 03:01 PM   #105
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
That’s not what he said. He said they’re working on it and one of 3 things need to happen before it’s released. This helps everyone because Alex has proven it can be done and they’re working on a way to get it to us. I don’t understand why some people feel offended that someone else won’t let them have something. We’re not entitled to anything unless we have purchased something or have an agreement with another party. Be patient, life goes on.
+1

It seems many people missed that this is presently in private beta testing...meaning it's not fit for public consumption just yet.

Soon enough the kinks will be worked out (I imagine including some level of security Alex is comfortable with) and the product will be released.

**update from my recent 6/28 trip to MP (this is a cross post from the main news thread where I also shared this info)**
  • 21 unlock is the real deal
  • unlock continues to be in closed beta testing (as stated on the website) it is possible but not ready to be productized just yet
  • unlock was shared to showcase what is to come and let the BMW community know the 21 is not off limits
  • roll out and development stages to market are following the same path as most of the MP unlocks have followed in the past (closed beta, limited beta, first to market - first to offer etc)
  • revised MP tuning app is close to release and will include hybrid/electric options - and IOS option
  • Security will be a non issue by the time public release happens (not sure if this means MP wont care or if the issue will be dealt with)
  • Couple of Supras on site with manufacturer plates that he would not comment on
  • Fun stuff: Supercharged Alpina 5 series under construction on site along with an M Coupe they are stuffing an E39 M5 V8 into / always fun to see the slew of other rare BMWs on site - visit them if you can while in socal - not only does MP produce performance software they build crazy 1 off BMWs for customers and themselves

Hope this helps

Last edited by chenry; 06-29-2021 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 4
Vmaxx282.00
carguy19106.50
Lonmon60.00