View Single Post
      06-29-2021, 11:51 PM   #106
viperboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G30 540d, E93 M3

I see people in this thread and other forums linking to this thread complaining that MP hasn't released anything yet and acting entitled. As a fellow software engineer, I see this a little differently. Am I bummed that the 2021 X3M I'm about to pickup can't be flash tuned yet? Yeah, it sucks, but at the end of the day, there will be a solution from MP and likely others as well.

Dealing with entitled people is extremely tiring, I used to deal with that a ton when I made ROMs for phones - users wanted stuff NOW and felt entitled to immediate updates after making a $5 donation to buy our app. It's just not realistic or welcomed at all. I can't see MP doing this, but if they wanted, they could take whatever exploit they found for the ECUs and turn them over to Bosch/BMW if they wanted (and if the price was right) and whining about how unfair it was that they were able to get access to these ECUs and now you can't get your car tuned is just too bad. No one else is entitled to another company's private work, no matter how much you want it.

Let's give these guy some time to handle this release how they need to without being annoying. We know it's a matter of WHEN and not IF at this point. At the end of they day, they need to make money and protect their IP in the process, let them do that without the annoyingly entitled peanut gallery.
Appreciate 13