United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
what coding are you talking about?
the simple software modifications on the color of the ambient lighting and things like that have nothing to do with insurance etc.
I also discussed this via a recorded chat with the dealer in the Netherlands and they said that software modifications, with minor impact don't affect the warranty. only thing is that if you enable lane change assist, the warranty won't cover it itself simply because the car wasn't delivered that way.
quite easy reasoning.
if you add software (supposing you could) it's not under warranty. changing something is different.

PS: remote start (and access) is indeed something insurance related however... would never do that and personally don't see any benefits.
Coding a vehicle's parameters that derive from a legal basis in that country: I.e. if it is illegal in that country to have a car that can perform a particular function and where the country has required that manufacturer to deny its customers that particular option. In the UK, there is an ongoing government consultation on many of these aspects and the current thinking is that more Lane Assistant options will become legal by the end of this year. Let's hope so.
Auto Lane change is available on multiple BMW models in the U.K. and multiple manufacturers, and has been for some years.
It's in the brochure as part of dap but seems random as to who actually gets it, so no legal or regulatory concerns on that specific coding.

Agree re the risk on other coding but easily mitigated albeit never 100%.

The hands off eTJA is not yet available and that's what the U.K. regulators are looking at.
Appreciate 1
njw1967619.50