View Single Post
      08-23-2021, 04:35 PM   #3
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Had my sunroof fixed yesterday and was surprised that the problem was not as onerous as I had imagined.
Essentially, the dealer removed the trim panel where the sunroof switch is located (the FZD module) and manually wound the sunroof closed, via the hex nut that is located there. Once closed, they re-initialized the sunroof and, after testing, that was it…….all done.

What was the problem in the first place? That is still a bit of a mystery. Basically, the theory is that the sunroof electronics had a “hissy fit” and decided to shut itself down, believing there was an obstruction.

The dealer was very good arranging for me to get the car in within an hour of calling and speaking to the service Dept. They kept the car undercover until a slot was available to inspect the problem in the workshop. The car was ready to be collected not long after lunch. Great service.