P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post
Bit of an update on my situation…

After reading stories from some of the owners here I looked into the BMW Forces scheme out of curiosity and found that teaching is included. I made a call and spoke with them and they confirmed the discount that would be available but also that if I am still awaiting a build slot it would mean that it’s unlikely to go into production until 2022 probably meaning delivery Feb or March 2022.

Called my local dealership where my order is currently placed and he confirmed this is probably correct.

With this in mind and the additional discount available I am considering cancelling and re-ordering as I can save a big chunk on cost of the car or add more to the spec (pan roof for one) as the monthly pcp figures are also less by some way.

I may lose my £250 initial deposit but the saving would be much more than that.
So after looking further at the forces deal (but leaving my existing order in place) out of the blue I got a call from an excited salesman saying that they had secured a build slot after doing a deal with another dealership. This build slot would mean a car available first week in November so much sooner than March 2022.

We had some discussion about the quote I had in hand from BMW UK and I managed to get a slightly better deal with an increase in spec.

So we are pressing ahead with this now and the final (ish) spec as follows:-
Mineral Grey M340i Touring with Carbon Fiber interior trim and M Seats in Black with Blue Stitching. We also have the Pan Roof, Tech Pack and Comfort Plus Pack. I stuck with Cerium trim rather than the black pack.

Now I have a date hopefully things stick to plan without any issues.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0