United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSpottedCuscus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuboats91 View Post
The M340i I secured last night is sitting at the Baltimore port. If the 'actual production date' is 8/27/21, does that mean it's been sitting at the port for quite some time?
You should be good, at least compared to the alternatives you mentioned, but it's hard to tell. We don't know how BMW prioritizes incoming parts and where our cars are in the queue.
I think the production date on mine is 9/6 and it's being moved now to Galveston after sitting in Mexico for 5 weeks. It's unclear if they will have the part for it when it arrives or it's going to sit there for another 5 weeks. As I understand others saw their car moved to a VDC quickly after the build only to sit there for weeks.
I'm trying to be optimistic and also remember that this is a ridiculously complicated logistic situation and I hope they'll catch up soon.
Yeah I totally agree. I spent several full days from 6AM to almost midnight trying to locate one with the specs I want. Only one I found was locally and it didn't have shadowline. Was trying to talk myself into it but couldn't.

My setup isn't like the others where they ordered the car so I just have the VIN. Is my best bet just to keep checking the BMW recall site then wait for a call from my dealer?
Appreciate 0