Thread: Non run flat
View Single Post
      12-14-2021, 09:06 AM   #8
AndyTo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Hit a pot hole, which didn’t feel terribly hard but hard enough to blow the side wall out of the run flat tyre. I had Bridgestones on from factory and wasn’t very impressed with them so wasn’t too upset about the forced change.

Left stranded and ringing round for a tyre in stock all I could find was a pair of non run flat MPS4, which is the tyre I’d buy anyway, what a difference. Less noise, the little bumps are much less noticeable, turn in feels better and the grip feels better giving more confidence.

So will be getting the rears changed out soon as I can even though the bridgestones have at least 5mm of tread. The run flats did get me the 7 miles to ATS but for difference in feel and grip I’m prepared to run the risk of non run flat tyres. I changed out to non-RFT on my F31 and remember the difference being night and day, I was told the latest RFT’s are better, and they are, but still a good non-RFT is far superior, all imho of course.

Without a long winded story, BMW assistance were awful, won’t even bother calling them again.
Appreciate 0