Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronttwelv View Post
This is misleading. The g80 tuning scene consists of $6000 tunes and sending ecu to Russia. That's hardly a solution . MP still has the only solution stateside. Hopefully they roll it out soon
MP doesn't have a solution technically until they start selling it.

I'm really getting impatient/annoyed with having to wait to get my car tuned. I'm going to be ready to change cars likely before this tune even debuts for the 2021 and up vehicles.

What MP should do is take pre orders for tunes.... get everyone to pay for them in full, rack up what they think is a fair number of people paying full retail for the tunes where they make a fair profit without anyone having their proprietary tuning tricks.... then flash all the ECU's in order of the deposits over a short time. Once all that is done. if other tuning companies copy their knowledge and tuning processes at least they made their boatload of money initially on the offering of the tune/pre sale. Besides, MP is still going to be the top choice of many people even after the other companies start offering similar tunes.

This whole keeping secrets/not releasing tunes/trying to protect their unique way of accessing the DME is essentially a form of greed. Instead of being dedicated to the hobby and the enthusiast they want to find a way to not have someone copy their idea so they can make a ton of money for a long long time. I think they have every right to make money, but coming to market with the product with the best and first solution should hold weight for a lot of people picking a tuning company. They should share their contribution with the hobby and enthusiast and get this party started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronttwelv View Post
This is misleading. The g80 tuning scene consists of $6000 tunes and sending ecu to Russia. That's hardly a solution . MP still has the only solution stateside. Hopefully they roll it out soon
MP doesn't have a solution technically until they start selling it.

I'm really getting impatient/annoyed with having to wait to get my car tuned. I'm going to be ready to change cars likely before this tune even debuts for the 2021 and up vehicles.

What MP should do is take pre orders for tunes.... get everyone to pay for them in full, rack up what they think is a fair number of people paying full retail for the tunes where they make a fair profit without anyone having their proprietary tuning tricks.... then flash all the ECU's in order of the deposits over a short time. Once all that is done. if other tuning companies copy their knowledge and tuning processes at least they made their boatload of money initially on the offering of the tune/pre sale. Besides, MP is still going to be the top choice of many people even after the other companies start offering similar tunes.

This whole keeping secrets/not releasing tunes/trying to protect their unique way of accessing the DME is essentially a form of greed. Instead of being dedicated to the hobby and the enthusiast they want to find a way to not have someone copy their idea so they can make a ton of money for a long long time. I think they have every right to make money, but coming to market with the product with the best and first solution should hold weight for a lot of people picking a tuning company. They should share their contribution with the hobby and enthusiast and get this party started.

Literally. Considered parting with my car for a 2020z
Appreciate 0