Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolMoeDee View Post
Hello!

I was just provided a brand new BMW 320d xDrive as a company car and I am having trouble finding/accessing android auto. Build would be late 2021/early 2022.

I am not sure if the car has it or not but I was under the assumption that they all have this feature now.

When I check the apps section of the car, there is no option for android auto even after connecting my phone via bluetooth.

May I please have some assistance from some other users on how to identify if the car should have android auto or not?

Thank you!
Based on your country and build date, your car should support Android Auto. Assuming your phone is on at least Android 10, that is. I don't think it shows up in the Apps section. The option to start it is in the same menu as your phone settings. You should also see something about 'searching for Android Auto' on your phone when the car is on.

You need to connect via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Direct. Bluetooth is used for pairing and Wi-Fi Direct for data transfer. Your phone's network data plan is used for internet.

You may need to do both of these:
1. Have mobile data set to always on or 'Switch to mobile data' enabled (preferred).
If it still doesn't work:
2. Connect to the car via Wi-Fi Direct and view the IP address (Advanced). Take a screenshot or write it down. Now go to the regular Wi-Fi settings page. Go to the advanced options for the same network and modify the settings. Change from DHCP to Static and enter the IP address from before.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0