Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW 320e G21 Luxury Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethelson View Post
Am I reading it right that you have made an order in January, expected delivery in August (expected production in June, I guess?) but it is already in production?
First of all, congrats! Production ahead of time is awesome! Do you have any tracking number? I haven't received any reference number so far - should I ask?
I have ordered my M340i in Luxembourg also at the end of January with expected delivery in August. 3 weeks ago, I have asked the seller about the Ukraine situation and he replied that the production will be halted for 2 months but from reading the news it looks like they are back. So I am really not sure when I should expect my dream car. But I am really hoping to get it before Autumn.

Correct, according to the contract I signed with my dealership, I got an expected delivery date on August 31.

A day after signing the contract, I already received my order number.

Then I waited roughly 1 month before reaching out again to my Sales guy, asking for an update. He, then, showed me a screenshot of their tracking tool where I learned that the production *week* is mid-April.

Then, another month later (end of March), I received the acknowledgment (including a screenshot to prove it) that the car *already entered production* since March 23rd!

I hope to have the car somewhere end of April. The one struggle in my case is that BMW has fewer truckers in Poland as those truckers are, apparently, mainly Ukrainian who went back to their home country to support and/or fight.

That being said, the news that factories in Munich are shut down is, IMO, not true anymore as my situation clearly states otherwise. I have from a good source my car is in production (my source is a family member working at BMW). I even have my VIN number since March 23rd and this is another proof that the car entered production, otherwise you wouldn't get it afaik. It could be that production has slowed down due to the Ukrainian situation but saying the factories are *closed* for 2 months is just crazy.

In your case, I'd definitely reach out to your Sales guy and ask him when he can give you the order number since you're waiting now for 2 months basically to just get that. Reading through the forum, it seems common to get this number rather quickly.

What did you order?