View Single Post
      05-20-2022, 07:17 PM   #11
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityofangeles323 View Post
Gear shifter to the left activates sport transmission. The "D" will change into "S1,S2,S3… showing you which gear you're in
*still automatic but will hold the gears longer

Soon as you upshift/downshift manually using the gear shifter or paddles, only then will it stay in manual mode. The "S1,S2,S3… will now change to "M1,M2,M3…" again showing you which gear you're in, this time you're shifting manually. Except that it won't allow you to redline, protecting your engine

Sport+ with the gear selector to the left is the most aggressive setting

Ok so I have experimented with the whole gear lever to the left. I get it now. The S is kind of half way between the current mode and the next. In Sport mode with the lever in the left its like half way to sports plus.

So it seems like the gearbox actually has 6 settings not 3.
Comfort D
Comfort S
Sport D
Sport S
Sport+ D
Sport+ S

I have found in my Sport Ind mode (which is everything Sport+ except the gearbox in Sport) that a quick flick to the left and I have a much more proactive gearbox, and then when I'm done a quick flick to the right and I am back to cruising.

I also discovered that temp man mode (by just hitting a paddle in D) can be reset back to D by holding the right paddle.

I have also discovered holding the left paddle while kicking down forces the gearbox into the lowest possible gear.

One last thing is that Sport+ in S mode is even more aggressive - nice!

Thanks so much everyone, this has been very helpful

Last edited by cyam; 05-20-2022 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 1