07-01-2022, 08:20 PM   #8
turnsignalslol
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20_shub View Post
Hey bro I currently run a jb+ paired with a catless downpipe 93 pump gas . If I'm not mistaken map 2 is the same gains as jb + on max . Considering I don't have a jb4 , is there anyway to datalog and make sure the car is running smooth with the added boost? Not sure if a dragy would show anything ? I wanted to try a e20 mixture and see if times improve but first wanted to make sure everything is running healthy.
I doubt it since the JB+ doesn't connect to your OBD2 port. That's how the JB4 gets all of the ECU's data.

Also, I didn't end up getting a catless downpipe; That CEL would drive me crazy so not worth the gains for me.

IIRC, the G20 330i can run up to E25 without issue. That's what I've been doing; I used to meticulously test gas at the station I go to to check for ethanol content and the results pretty much the same every time I tested it so I just input the values into a calculator and put in as much E85 and 91 as necessary. It's probably still a good idea to test the gas every couple of times you get gas to make sure nothing has changed too much.
Appreciate 0