Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5, 2020 X5 & 2021 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plikmuny View Post
Is it possible to clear all the settings and restore the BMW to its original state? I mean just like how you received that vehicle from showroom and before you started messing with coding?
I guess I messed up some settings and now it's throwing errors like driver assistance restricted and rear light malfunction even after I restore the data in Bimmercode.
Is there a way to rectify it without going to showroom and get the software updated from them??? I am sure the showroom will say I have tuned the car and they can refuse to update the software right??? Will it void my warranty also????
Any expert please suggest what I can do now...
Three choices mate
1.Wait for an OTA update
2. Buy an Enet to OBD cable for $25 off eBay Send a pm to Shawn Sheridan for links to the latest Esys Program & Pzsdata files which will be free and then search Tokenmaster on YouTube and watch his tutorials on how to do FDL coding. In his one tutorial he tells you how to reset it back to factory settings by right clicking on the ECU and then pressing the option code in the sub menu. It is quite simple and you can also backup your new files too for future reference. PS you will need a windows laptop for this option
3.Buy BimmerUtility for $100 which will include the Esys program and all the functions of Bimmercode plus a whole lot more.

Anybody who is using Expert Mode in Bimmercode extensively I strongly suggest you upgrade to BimmerUtility The transition is not that much more complex and you have the added comfort if things go pear shaped you can always resort to your original factory settings in a couple of steps.

I have both BU and BC and use BimmerCode on my iPad for quick setup and simple mods/tests on ECU's that Stephan has given access to. If things go wrong I always have ESys/BU as a backup to fix it.

I have produced a G series cheat sheet that is available on Easy Bimmer Coding Facebook Group page that promotes BimmerUtility. BC users can download and use to code options not preprogrammed by BC. Please note Traffic Light Assist and other driver assist functions will not work as BC does not support the coding of the SAS3 and DSC_VIP ECU's
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
gnolivos319.00
njfoses290.50