View Single Post
      01-18-2023, 02:20 PM   #66
elambo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Billfitz our resident fountain of knowledge. Is running/breaking in speakers a joke?!
Well, it's not a joke per se. In high end systems you'll hear improvements after a break-in period, but it requires articulate components, and only certain components will endure a break-in of any kind. Speaker drivers, for one. I haven't personally experienced any settling in my HK system over the year and a half I've had it, but auditory memory is horrible in humans (we begin to forget what we just heard mere seconds after the event occurs) so the likelihood of us truly sensing this in our HK systems is about zero.

I've experienced it in high end home systems. Speakers, in particular, will lose the edge in their high end over the course of a couple days. Sometimes more. I've experienced it with amps, too, but I'd rather not open Pandora's Box and start the argument.

These components may technically exhibit different properties over the course of a few days of playing but I'd be surprised if it's much. It's certainly not going to promote it from good to great.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13398.00