View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 05:42 AM   #1
MaquinCarimul
Rep
Drives: G22

changed the features of a customer's ordered car

Early October I built a 2023 BMW 230i online and took it to my local dealer located at a luxury auto sales campus to lock in the order. A deposit was placed, and I was assured frequent communication through the production process and that it should arrive in February (4 months), give or take a few weeks due to shipping delays, fine. Here is how the past 4 and a half months have gone….

I never received any updates from anyone, except for when I reached out to them. I reached out to them 5 times, just to check in and make sure everything was going according to plan, and to clarify questions about the process. Each time I was assured everything was going smoothly, and we were still looking good for the February delivery date.

From January 5th to February 8th I did not hear anything, even though we were supposedly coming up on the pick up date. On February 8 I reached out to tell them how excited I was and when I could plan on picking it up. This is where shit hit the fan.

I was informed that my vehicle still had not even started production, and there was no ETA. I was confused and frustrated. Two days later I get a message saying a 230i xdrive is available for a $2000 up charge. This made me even more frustrated because this is NOT what I had ordered, and this is not what we had agreed upon. One week later I was informed that my vehicle I had ordered had enter into production the previous week, and to stop by so we could talk about how we would proceed. Although I was happy to hear it, my first thought was why had I not been informed as it happened? This is where shit REALLY hit the fan….

I was informed that the car I ordered as it was, is not what I will be be receiving. Instead, many of the features I ordered (M sport package including, but not limited to: M sport variable steering, improved ceramic breaks, variable suspension, shadowline kit, aerodynamics kit, and more) were no longer included. Pretty much the meat and potatoes of the car, and everything that made it special and exciting, would no longer be included. Furthermore, the price would not change.

The only thing the sales associate, and furthermore the sales manager, would tell me is “this is not our fault, these are BMW’s changes, there’s nothing we can do about it.” This feels totally inappropriate and unprofessional, a total bait and switch. They will not, and have not over the past 4 1/2 months, do anything to try and rectify the situation or even admit that they have completely dragged me along, and then screwed me.

I feel, in the spirit of practicing good business and practicing in good faith to your customer, I think I deserve compensation for my time, their lack of professionalism throughout the whole thing, and most of all I think they need to do whatever they have to do to fulfill their side of our contract, however they have to https://omegle.ws/ do it. That is practicing in good faith.

What do you think, and what should I do.

Last edited by MaquinCarimul; 04-12-2023 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
M3 boi3211.00