View Single Post
      03-11-2023, 04:42 PM   #2
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
ICYMI, BMW Australia has increased new car warranty to 5 years, effective from 1 November 2022.

Download the Warranty Brochure from https://www.bmw.com/en_AU/offers-and.../warranty.html

The following is a summary from page 7 of the Nov 2022 brochure:
Thanks for posting. I think all those that have already ordered a car after 01-Nov would of been pushed the new 5yr warranty bonus.

But some existing forum members may not be aware of the extra 2 yrs so good for those that have been living under a rock.

Appreciate the link to the brochure, as my take aways from reading the warranty brochure are:

1. Rattles and squeaks are only covered for first year, so get these addressed asap and don't wait for first service to report. If recurring rattles occur after the the first year in the same area, you should still be covered under Australian Consumer Law, just make sure you keep records of service reports of previous rectification works carried out.

2. Any parts replaced are only covered by 2yrs warranty which is standard but I am not sure if 2yrs applies during the first 5 yrs, or if you are still covered by the default 5yr warranty?

eg. If a part fails in first month of ownership and needs to be replaced for a new part, would that mean you can't claim for that same part under the 5yr warranty if that part fails again during say year 4 etc
Appreciate 1
bcoz80.50