View Single Post
      03-21-2023, 06:22 AM   #85
JohnM340
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayko_M340 View Post
2020 M340I RWD. 41K miles as it sits. DP + E85 tune power numbers are supposed to be high 4's to low 5's never been on dyno. I have noticed the seeping residue on diff since early on into ownership. Now has dried up into a thick grease like residue leak doesn't seem to be active anymore. I think it leaked out to the point where it's not active anymore almost as if not enough diff fluid inside lol if that makes sense. After looking up part number this cover is cheap enough that I can finish the job at a independent place and not risk getting locked at dealer. The clunk is only taking off from a complete stop at low speeds up to only a few miles an hour. Goes away when warmed up along with the whine. Will keep it updated.

I seen my rear diff little wet originally- threw it on a lift and used a mirror and seen it was spitting oil from the top vent breather hole … brought it in.. eventually it would of been dry if I hadn’t checked.. I ran pump93 and I’m very on top of my car almost obsessive tbh and every time I did rolls and just hard hard runs or digs I’d get under it with cardboard and look around at axles and seals, and the rear diff and check for any fluids .. now im running e40 mix and def checking my car on my buddy’s lift as needed

Goodluck to you I wish you the best. Try and make a friend at service if you have warranty. They shouldn’t have to plug your car in to replace the diff leaking or clunking by the way. Things can be done with a gracious tip and a good attitude 👍🏽
Appreciate 1