View Single Post
      03-27-2023, 05:26 PM   #9
MichaelB1969
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Base SSG/Fiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjpeakSD View Post
Yes, I would like to do 826's and have 20 inch wheels up front as i think the 19's on the M3 with the off road gap look ridiculous. You do definitely see more M3/4's on the road than RS7 but I still don't see that many, which is cool too.
First off, the gap won't be any different with 19's vs 20's. The overall diameter is going to be the same if you went with 20's, as the tire would be a lower profile tire. Again, gap should be identical. Also, if you went with 20's up front your ride quality would suffer. How much is hard to say, but it would. I actually like the staggered look, but that's just me.

Can't speak to the newer Audis, but I did own a 2014 RS5.

The RS5 I assume is a bit more agile than an RS7 given the size and weight difference. I thought the RS5 was a sharp looking car. And the high-revving normally-aspirated V8 was phenomenal. But that's where the love affair ended. It felt heavy, wasn't that fun to drive, felt very sterile, and so on. Honestly, I couldn't wait to sell it.

The M3 to me is just so much more fun to drive and dynamic than the RS5 was. Night and day. I think if you love to drive, you are going to enjoy the M3 much more than the RS7.

But if feeling like a baller is your thing, maybe keep the RS7. That doesn't really enter into the equation for me. That said, I will say that I see very, very few M3's in the San Francisco Bay Area. They must be out there, but I think I've literally only seen 2 in the last 4 to 5 months. Maybe I just don't get out that much.

As for interior color, Kyalami, Silverstone, Ivory or Black would work. The Tartufo "might" go also. Hard to say, I'd have to see it. From the pics here, gotta say although I am typically not a fan of Ivory (mainly I'd worry about keeping it clean), Voodoo does look good with it!

Appreciate 1