View Single Post
      03-27-2023, 05:53 PM   #104
humisfum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
That doesn’t accomplish the same thing. I wanted it to stay warmer at the floor and cooler out of the dashboard vents. I don’t use the automatic temperature setting. I haven’t used it in any of my 3ers and I doubt I ever will. I’ve never found one that performed adequately. I’ve said this before. The conditions inside a car are too variable. On sunny days or at certain times of the day there is a lot of sun coming in that changes the need for hvac and other times it’s cloudy and the need for hvac is different then. I have yet to find a system that responds in a timely manner.

The other day it was still chilly in Chicago and I wanted the car warm overall, but it was very sunny and up top I needed some cooler output. I used the physical temperature wheel adjustment frequently in all my previous 3ers and it was super easy to do.
Yeah I used it so much. In my current Volvo I absolutely despise that everything is on the screen and the voice commands are truly horrible. If I say turn on fan it’ll just tell me the fans off. I miss just leaving the same temp on year long and if it ever got too hot from sun shine I could quickly change it to blue and still have the cabin warm. Assuming you can make a shortcut to the page with the dial I think you can still make muscle memory of pushing the controller up and going to your first shortcut and changing the setting.
Appreciate 0