View Single Post
      03-28-2023, 01:38 AM   #270
BMWM4_SA
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoTheClown View Post
Quick question: What is MPE? And can it. be done after-market on M340i?

I had a F36 GC with MPPSK. Was amazing. Man, I miss that sound. I now have a 2020 M340i. It pups and burbles and makes fart noises. It's pretty good but not even close to MPPSK - especially in motion.

I can sit still and rev it with all the beautiful sound of pops and bangs. But as soon as I get over 40mph, it becomes very hard to make any sound at all.

I assume M P E is M Performance Exhaust? What is the difference between MPE and M340i Stock? How do I know if I already have MPE? And if not, is it like MPPSK where I can order it after market?

When I search ShowBMWUSA, I don't see any options at all for 2020 M340i exhaust and sound upgrades.
Yes MPE - M Peformance Exhaust from BMW. I have a 2020 with the MPE and like the gent above said, it crackles and bangs hard.... But and this is a big but.... Mine only started popping and banging after my car had a software update due to an idrive issue, So i know for a fact that some versions of BMW software actually can make the pops and bangs go away.
Appreciate 0