24-M440i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440I Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Venture View Post
Hi @[X5-G05-45e] and @[24-M440i], couple of questions for you both, if you don't mind sharing with someone who is also leaning towards a factory ordered G26 as you both did. How did you both do on pricing? Were you able to get below MSRP, if so, what percentage?
And a second question, even though it's only ever her and me in the car, my wife is is pushing a bit for me to consider an X4 M40i instead of the Gran Coupe. Did either of you cross shop those two? If you did, how do they compare (knowing we're talking an SUV vs a sedan). Dealers near me have M340i's and X3 M40i's but not the X4 or Gran Coupe, so I was only able to test drive a 430 Gran Coupe, not an M440. The 430 felt underpowered to me and rear visibility was not great, but backup cam mostly fixes that....Recently traded in the M340i I bought in 2020, so on the hunt for my next daily driver.

Hi Currently drive a 2019 GMC Terrain Denali. So, for a change i only wanted to look into sedans . Then i started my research online. I liked BMW M440i compared to any options out their. But still i test driven some Audi, Benz cars but my mind was stuck on M440i. So, i went to my bmw dealer and asked to test drive an M440i. But they only have M340i in-stock. So, i have driven the car and i am impressed with it. But i didn’t like the front end of M340i compared M440i and also have the practicality of the SUV like trunk in the 4 series. So, i decided to go with M440i GC. At that point they had one coming in couple of weeks. But i was like i am spending 70K anyway. So, lets customize the vehicle and order it and waiting for 6 months more to get your car. The other reason i went with M440i is it looks distinct from other BMW’s when people look at you on the road..

At this point i didn’t get any discounts of MSRP. I don’t know if i will get any discounts on the price. If i don’t get any discount i am still ok with it. Because i ordered the car how i liked it. If it was in-stock at the dealership i would have negotiated because of the feature’s or the options it had or didn’t.

I don’t think they will negotiate the price because 4 series is one the best selling cars in the BMW’s line up.

When i ordered my car in Jan 2023 they were still selling 2023 but my dealer didn’t have any allotments. But i still ordered it any way. When they received an allotment on feb 28th. They told me i am getting 2024 model instead of 2023 with new infotainment system. So, i was like it was worth to wait for 6 months and getting new infotainment instead of spending 70k and getting old and out dated infotainment system.

Last edited by 24-M440i; 04-18-2023 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 1