06-02-2023, 01:52 AM   #11
peelo801
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelerec View Post
Why not install dinan springs and bump stops if looking for the least aggressive drop? And known to be of quality?
Dinan was actually the second option I considered after coilovers. But I wanted an even milder drop of 3/4 of an inch. Unfortunately, the minimum drop allowed by any springs or coilovers available for our cars was an inch. Then, I discovered the MSS height adjustable springs that allowed for minimal lowering, even as high as stock height. So this is why I thought it was the best option for the ride height I wanted, and for the functional purposes of this being a daily driver with occasional spirited canyon carving and the rare track day or two.

I personally prefer coilovers having had great experience with them from my previous cars, so I was disappointed that none of the ones available for our cars offered a minimal drop less than an inch. I created a thread asking about this too. I then learned about the Bilstein Evo S which supposedly allows for a minimum drop of 20mm, but only after I purchased the MSS Springs already.
Appreciate 0