View Single Post
      06-05-2023, 03:26 PM   #2
mwinemil
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyleth View Post
I recently purchased a ‘21 M340i and I absolutely love it. It’s my first BMW and I’m very impressed so far. With that being said, what are my options for tuning capabilities? I’ve read that ‘21+ is locked and a flash tune isn’t capable unless you ship the unit to Finland or Russia, and I’m also not completely sold on a piggyback. Does anyone know if there will be an easier flash tune method down the road? I’m not impatient, but I would like to have an idea if it’s even possible. If not and I have to go the piggyback route, what are the downsides to this method? I plan on keeping the car mostly stock. Maybe a DP down the road but that’s about it. Any insights on this will be greatly appreciated!
IMO the short answer is no. Unless one gets the encryption keys, it's not getting unlocked. Femto has them, and therefore is your only option. From what I can tell, it's safe and they are reliable. You just have to decide it's worth it and to live without your car for a couple weeks. If not, JB4 or leave it stock.
Appreciate 2