View Single Post
      09-02-2023, 04:29 PM   #90
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

The plastics they use nowadays are as hard as soft cheese. My M440i is coming up to 12 months old now and has a couple of very small stone chips on the front bumper after just shy of 11000 miles. They seem to 'chew' the plastic up unto little mounds, there's nothing you can do about it and after a while you forget they're there (until you wash the car again and feel p*ssed off by them, especially when you discover another new one!).

I try to keep my car (and my wife's) in as near to 'showroom condition' as possible but quite frankly it's impossible in today's road environment and life's too short to not just enjoy my car for what it is has become my attitude. Hell I'm off the road at present thanks to someone passing too close to me and shattering my driver's door mirror to oblivion, that was three weeks ago and still waiting to get it into the bodyshop for the repair, but in the grand scheme of things I still love the beast and console myself into believing it's just having a holiday break....no not really I'm actually seriously p*ssed off but hey ho these things happen it could have been much worse.

I'm trying really hard nowadays to manage expectations better!
Appreciate 2
B6WAF77.50