09-13-2023, 10:39 PM   #44
EstorilVic
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 cars and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Yeah really. I think you're wishful thinking that you're going to sell it for more than you paid for it, for one. Two, you'd be buying an older vehicle with high mileage and no warranty, or have to pay a decent amount in addition for an extended service contract. From a financial standpoint, that's a horrible deal.

Reading your list of gripes on the new car, I think some of them are a bit over dramatic. The headlights are not horrible by any means, missing the lumbar and adjustable side bolsters on the passenger seat (how often are you driving from the passenger seat?), the no kick to open the trunk, etc.

Just a quick autotrader search pulls up 17 vehicles with less than 30k miles for approximately the same price. Does your state offer a tax break if you trade in, e.g., you only pay sales tax on the difference between your trade value & the sales price of the new vehicle?
I purchased it for a great deal. I see them going for 61k on cargurus w same mileage as mine. I could def get at least that much especially for my color combo etc