10-13-2023, 09:42 AM   #109
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb993 View Post
Glad you got the App sorted. A card reader such as this will be fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDD...7G5JV2B5&psc=1

Also, you might want to get a larger microSD card whilst you're at it. Here's an extract of an email I got from the ACE support team about how this disc space is partitioned. 128 GB is the largest size supported (it doesn't like 256GB).

The original BMW 32GB SD card can save 78 minutes of driving recordings – when both the front camera and rear camera is on. Incident recordings are saved 26 minutes, and manual recordings are 8 minutes, and the parking recordings – when the shock is detected while parking mode – are 46 minutes.

64GB SD card can save 157 minutes of driving recordings when both the front camera and rear camera is on. 53 minutes of Incident recordings are saved, and manual recordings are 17 minutes, and the parking recordings – when the shock is detected while parking mode – are 92 minutes.

128GB SD card can save 316 minutes of driving recordings. Incident recordings are saved 107 minutes, and manual recordings are 126 minutes. Also, the parking recordings - when the shock is detected while parking mode - are 153 minutes.

After the time allocated for each part, it will be overwritten from the beginning.
Followed your suggestion regarding the card reader which arrived today from Amazon. The genuine one I might add as I was mindful of Paul's (I think it was him?) warning re knock-off ones on Amazon so made sure it was the one from SanDisk.
Just given it a try and it's spot-on direct from the drive and unlike the Thinkware card reader program lists the video events under separate headings for driving, parking, event, etc so well pleased...thanks guys!
The thinkware software works fine as well but just lists every video under the 'All' column so not quite as easy to find a specific piece of footage.
All in all though all good now!
Appreciate 2