siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by james1138 View Post
I guess I’m surprised, this is my first BMW and I’ve had Acuras for the majority of my life. I would replace my tires every couple years so I was not expecting to pay $2000-$4000 a year to replace tires especially when I bought wheel and tire coverage.

Is this because the car is more aggressive or is it because the OEM tires are garbage?

Also, what would be a good summer tire that would used primarily for the streets but also be used at a track once or twice a year? I have no spare tire.
Even on my old tuned Honda/Acuras 12-15k miles was the most I got out of 300 treadwear summer tires (with proper rotation). It's the nature of performance tires over economy tires. Also runflats seem to wear faster, and BMW selects tires with more grip and thus less treadlife. Add in the HP/torque these new BMWs have, and tires wear fast.

I'm currently using Michelin PS4S for summer and Michelin AS4 for winter. I live in a moderate climate that rarely sees snow, but frequently sees low temps that would mess up the summer tires. Neither of these tires will last a long time with my driving style, so if you want more treadlife they may not be the greatest choices. They are great performers in their categories though.
Appreciate 0