View Single Post
      01-22-2024, 09:08 PM   #14
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

I solved the "challenge" I had: XHP.
I reprogrammed the shift points and OMG - perfection. I can now drive in my sport individual - essentially sport+ but with gearbox in sport mode.

I have reprogrammed D and S shift points to be how I like. Now I can spend the majority of my time in Sport Ind, and just flick the lever to S mode when I want more aggressive shifts.

Only when I am doing some spirited driving will I go to Sports+ and then switch between D and S.

Its so good, to be able to customize this car like this. The whole experience has been raised several levels for me with XHP.

Add a Stage 2 MHD with a DP and man what a car. I get 0-100km/h in 3.2 all day now. Ridiculous and thoroughly enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyam View Post
I recently purchased a 2020 M340i. I'm certainly an "enthusiastic" driver.

By default I always drive in Sport Individual mode. Always. I would just drive in S+ always except for one thing. The gearbox setting.

The gearbox has three modes. Comfort Sport and Sport+.
Sport + is perfect for my driving, and I'd use it ALL the time except that once I stop moving my foot on the gas pedal it seems to just stay in about 2 gears lower than it needs. S+ is great - it downshifts just how I like, but for normal driving it doesn't up-shift as much as I'd like once I'm cruising (otherwise the shifts are perfect).

In Sport mode the gearbox up-shifts better once you are cruising, but it just does not downshift aggressive enough for me.

So I use Sport Individual, which is setup as Sport+ but with the gearbox in Sport mode.

It means I am constantly switching between sport+ and SP Ind settings while driving. And it's annoying.
Say I am cruising and in SP-I mode, but want to shift to S+.
I have to look for the button to make sure I have my finger on the right one. That button toggles three modes, so I have to hit it twice, then to make sure, I have to look at the dash to make sure it switched to the correct mode. Then after I have finished with that mode I have to do it all again. Ahhhh.

Has anyone else had my frustration here? Is there a work around - like making the gearbox sport mode downshift more aggressively?

Has anyone say reprogrammed the useless "LIM" button on the steering to toggle between say SP+ and SP-Ind modes?
I'd be interested to know.

I know this may seem a bit strange to most - maybe I am just strange, but I'd be curious to hear from others that are like me. If you're not and think I'm stupid, just move on to the next post please :-)
Appreciate 0