View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 02:02 AM   #29
tomsab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melosium View Post
Once you connect via BimmerCode, you go to "Headunit" > Select Expert Mode (a backup will be created) > In the search bar search for DISPLAY > then code the following parameters as follow :
- CID_DISPLAY_RES : 1920_720
- CID_DISPLAY_SIZE : 10_25
- DISPLAY_VARIANTE : breites_display

If you also find this parameters you must change them as well :
- CID_DISPLAY_RES_2021 : 1920_720
- CID_DISPLAY_SIZE_2021 : 10_25

Then go back and click Code

The headunit will reboot, and the screen may turn on with black display (turn off the light and see if LCD Backlight is on) if so, it's a good Sign. Leave the car for an hour or two, then go back and check if it works, if not revert to the backup created previously, and do the same steps again.

Another trick if don't work, keep all parameters as explained above and change only this one
- CID_DISPLAY_RES_2021 : 1920_960
If it show a cropped image it's Ok. Leave it like this for few hours then go back and change it to 1920_720.

For me it didn't recognize the screen from the first trial. Let me know the outcome
Thank you for providing the information.
Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I would like to make the upgrade in a G21 from 2020 with MGU Headunit with ID7.

I have tried it several times, but more than the backlight never worked on the new display. Has someone suffered the same problem and perhaps have a solution for this?

Last edited by tomsab0; 02-04-2024 at 02:46 AM..
Appreciate 0