View Single Post
      03-01-2024, 11:05 AM   #365
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacksonIII View Post
Really? We're blaming tires if someone wipes out on an exit ramp? And then you say that if you want to push the car take it to a track... I think we agree on that? Like, don't push your car on exit ramps to a degree that you lose control, no matter what tires you have on your car. Can we agree with that statement?
Blame doesn’t really capture what I’m trying to say here. The tires of a car ultimately determine the level of grip a vehicle will have. On a track one drives over the same pavement over and over giving the driver a good feel for what level of grip can be attained. Of course, if you took the same roadway over and over it would be the same. You’d have ‘grip experience’. But sometimes one drives on roads where the experience level is low to nonexistent. On unfamiliar roads the safe assumption is grip will be average or less. In winter, assume grip will always be sub optimal. If one wishes to be considered a good driver, fast reflexes help. If one wants to achieve the status of awesome driver, prediction will be just as important as reaction.
Appreciate 5
Crester109.50
BMWbiker417.50
3some!24.00
hooked191.00