AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 M4 Competition - IOMG

Garage List
V8 Vantage?

Contemplating a change…

I’ve had my G82 about 18 months now, although in total I’ve had just over 2 years worth of experience on the G8X platform.

All around, it’s incredible. Fast, comfortable, great tech, love the looks, blah blah blah.

I like new/different experiences. I’ve had 1 P-Car previously (991.2 base), 2 G82s, and a slew of Audis over the years.

I’ve contemplated another P-Car, although prices really just are out of control. So much so, that other exotics are in range. 2017/2018 R8s and 2019-2020 V8 Vantages are now in my crosshairs.

LOVE the R8, but one of the pros/cons of the car are it’s Audi-ness. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I’ve owned 4 Audis over the years. I’ve never owned an Aston…

Not here to debate M4 vs P-Car vs R8 vs Vantage performance numbers-wise, but has anyone had much experience with the Vantage to comment on semi-daily drivability, maintenance, quality, and fun factor?

I work a hybrid role (go into office 1x/week, which won’t be changing), put maybe 7-8k miles/year on cars. I’m looking for fun/sexy/build quality/sizzle factor.

‘19-20 vantages are in the $85-100k range, which seems like a great price for entry-level exotic experience.

Welcome any thoughts/comments.