View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 01:03 PM   #2
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

I’ll be limited in my knowledge base on depreciation expertise, but in my opinion, I think you’ll get caught up in that debate rather quickly if you’re not careful. I wouldn’t let depreciation factor into the conversation especially given the options you listed. Any vehicle you get will significantly depreciate and I think the debate for that ends there.

In regards a daily driver, what needs do you have? Will you be transporting a family? Is your commute long, etc.? I think there are so many factors that only YOU can truly know what you should get, but if you post more details, I’ll be more than happy to give my two cents.

I went back and forth for so long with my decision to get a G80 vs another make/model altogether before I pulled the trigger on an allocation. In hindsight, it was a foolish waste of time, but I lived and learned. I’m so happy with my choice.

The G8X will be getting a design in about three-ish years, so if you want a vehicle that will look new in three years, I’m not sure that’s the route you want to go. Three years is a long time though. If it were next year, sure, I’d hold off, but the G8X is just getting an LCI rolling out now.

I went with a G80 and don’t regret it in the slightest. You’re on a BMW forum as you said, so you’re going to get bias, but this is one heck of a vehicle. I don’t think anything can compare in regards to the performance/luxury combo and my needs, for the price. The underline there is important to note. lol

If you need a four-door vehicle, I vote G80 from all that you listed. I hope this helps!

Welcome to the forum!
Appreciate 1
mirob3246.50