03-30-2024, 07:21 PM   #4
Delighted_Jester
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry A. Waters View Post
I finally found a post that shows the G22 DOES support central lifting from a front location AND the rear differential. the front location is slightly different between the all wheel drive cars and the rear wheel drive cars.
The downside is that you need a really LONG low profile jack to reach the front spot. I have a couple of low profile jacks but they are just not long enough for the front spot

don't know about the rear differential spot but will check that soon.

Barry
I was going to say im pretty sure ive seen official BMW docs showing the front and rear jack point. While ive also seen it stating to use a 2 post inward arm lift. And yes, front is different for x-drive im sure due to subframe differences. About the jack clearance; my issue is even a low-profile jack is too tall still for the fronts. So driving it on ramps allows access to also remove the undershielding so you dont jack on top of it and crush/break it. As for the rear differential, ive done it on other cars but my M340i has an M-Sport differential and it has cooling fins on the bottom which im sure would be flattened and ruined. Thusly, the rear subframe was the best alternative. Like i said my jack was creaking and groaning so in a few years i will be investing in a bonafide lift.
Appreciate 0