04-12-2024, 02:07 AM   #6464
psulaw
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4 M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
I went back and forth too. I went with blue because I got my car in Melbourne Red and thought the contrast of red/blue would be better than too much matching with red/red. It was kind of hard to do because red calipers have such an allure.
I think blue calipers were a good choice for you. It would have been too much red having a red car with red calipers. Plus the different shades of red would likely clash.

Slight rant, right now I drive a X4 M Competition in Brooklyn Grey with Sakhir Orange (Red) interior. I like the Brooklyn Grey, but wanted something different this time. However, I'm a big fan of grey/silver cars with red leather interior. When I ordered my M440i, I really wanted the Skyscraper Grey exterior because it is still in the grey/silver palette that I like, but not the same Brooklyn Grey that I currently have. However, while the Skyscraper Grey is available for the 430i, it is not available for the M440i. Therefore, Brooklyn Grey was my only option for a grey/silver color. I also considered the Dravit Grey, but I already had a Dravit Grey 2021 M440i and didn't want another one. Plus I wasn't crazy about the gold sheen of the Dravit Grey. I know a lot of people like it (including my wife), but it's not my thing. I don't understand why Skyscraper Grey wouldn't be an option on the M440i if they are already painting 4-series chassis with that color.

Then, I wanted the Tacora red interior (or some variation of red). However, on the M440i, Tacora red is only available if you get Sensatec, and I wanted leather. I'm happy they at least offer the black interior with red highlights, but I really wish they had a red leather option. Oh well, first world problems. I'm happy with the car I ordered and can't wait to receive it.

Last edited by psulaw; 04-12-2024 at 03:28 AM..
Appreciate 1