View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 12:20 PM   #19
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by umihuss View Post
I would 100% buy new, but I love having physical buttons and prefer pre-LCI so much more.

In the battle between physical buttons and Adaptive Suspension, the Adaptive Suspension wins by a mile.

iDrive 7 has more physical buttons than a 1990 boombox, so squeezed in and so poorly laid out that it’s actually harder to differentiate than just tapping the touchscreen.

And, I mean, do you really need 5 different physical buttons to get to the same favorite radio station? Seriously? And you definitely need to take your eyes off the road to hit button number 6 because it feels no different than button number 7. Not to mention that you need to remember what button number 6 even does and your line of sight is at your knees.

The removal of the iDrive 7 buttons makes no difference at all in iDrive 8 once you get used to the swipe-down to bring up the 1-8 shortcuts. The rest are Climate Control based and the new Climate Control is so good that you only need to set it once and forget it save the physical buttons that remain on the bottom of the iDrive 8 screen for temperature.

Trust me on this one. I used to be a big "take away my physical buttons over my dead body!" guy and one weekend with iDrive 8 completely changed my mind. You don't want to make this the obstacle to getting Adaptive Suspension and a brand new car you order with every option and color exactly the way you want it.
Appreciate 0