View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 01:11 AM   #71
vedant
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 BMW 330i M-Sport

Sorry for resurrecting this but thought I’d share…

Drove my friend’s 19(?) giulia ti sport (the one with column-mounted flappy paddles) today and it was quite nice. But I definitely prefer my 330i to it, which is equipped with the adaptive dampers, e-diff, and michelin pilot sport 4s summer tires from the rather uncommon dynamic handling package. People say the steering feel is amazing on the giulia but I feel the 330i in sport mode with the variable sports steering felt just as good if not better. However I also didn’t really notice the complaint that many had with a weird torque curve or spongey brakes - the car felt fine to me.

The one thing I did appreciate in the AR was the aggressiveness in shifts in dynamic mode, something our cars are more subtle in. In sport mode I would like that aggression.

In my opinion if you’re not considering the m sport car, the giulia is better. And it’s a WAY better buy certified used than it is new. But m sport especially with the LCI upgrades has the edge over the giulia. And if you are getting the giulia, be sure you have a local dealership that’s doing all right or at least well-partnered with some other stellantis brand. My local AR-maserati dealer closed down for good.
Appreciate 0