View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 03:53 PM   #2
prostcfc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

My first track day with my M340 was last year and I ran bone stock. I didn't want to spend extra money without knowing if I'd enjoy it with the car, or without understanding what's needed. I went through a set of front OEM pads in the weekend; rears were okay. Rotors are fine and being reused this year. If I were you I probably would just run the stock pads. For this year I bought new wheels, 200TW tires, Project Mu HC-CS pads, and Endless RF-650 fluid. Last year I used a low viscosity brake fluid (i.e., what OEM is spec'd for), but you could consider getting a normal viscosity fluid for this. My car was also speed limited to ~130 mph because of the stock all season run flats. I've since removed that with MHD Stage 0.

One thing I did not like, and I'm not sure if it's the same with the 330i, was Sport/Sport+ in automatic made the transmission extremely sensitive, in that any pedal pressure coming out of a corner was downshifting multiple gears as if I was wanting to floor it at all times. This year I'm going to be using it in manual shifting, and just let the transmission downshift when needed into corners, and then be able to further control it myself.
Appreciate 0