View Single Post
      09-30-2019, 12:10 PM   #10
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmartyPants View Post
My employer does an annual health screen (BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, etc). The idea being they raise awareness of issues and hope you address it early, saving on healthcare costs later on. If you have it done they give a credit for the health insurance premium. $50 per month or $600 annually.
We do what is called Health Risk Appraisals currently that pretty much the same thing. This year they added an option that if an employee fell within "healthy" tolerances on their health screening, then they saved additionally on their health insurance; then took it a step further. For those that did not fall inside healthy ranges, they were able to take online classes to get a better understanding of how to correct these areas. If the employees completed the courses, they were still given a discount on their rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
One of my old employers would reimburse half of your wellness costs up to a limit of $1,000 (as I recall). It had to meet the definition of wellness, but it was a pretty broad definition.

I read their policy back to back and used the broad wording to make a case that since there is Olympic shooting, that shooting was a sport, and hence was therefore wellness. While they balked at reimbursing me for a firearm purchase, they did permit reimbursement for ammo and a scope from what I remember. I was the only one that took it that far.

But that's what they did - just submitted your receipts and they would reimburse half, that way everyone gets to do something they like.
That's freaking awesome! Thank you. Not sure I could get them to go that high in reimbursement as we are an multi-national company. I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to determine how many total employees that we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Contest: Fattest employee who loses the most wins
We do a "Biggest Loser" contest from February to May each year. This gives the employees time to get out of the Thanksgiving/Christmas eating mindset and burn off some of the added weight they gained over the holidays. Problem with this is, that we had a few of the maintenance guys load their pockets with wrenches, nuts, bolts, etc. last year for the initial weigh in. They thought it was funny, then told some of the production employees and that shit spread like wildfire. When the team with guys on it won, that did a number on morale for everyone else.

Thank you for the idea though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colodano View Post
My wife's previous employer reimbursed up to $1K for a varied amount of wellness stuff as well. Sometimes we used it for things like golf lesson or bike maintenance, or parts, and then used it for gym membership. Not sure about her new place, but I know that her group is pretty active, doing things like lunchtime walks or stair sessions, and I would not be surprised if they give her some kind of stipend for her gym membership now.
Lunch time walks would be a great idea! Or even possibly having a track made here for employees to have somewhere to walk or run after work. I would be all for paid nap time! Thank you!
Appreciate 0