View Single Post
      08-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #71
ETan
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i A Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
The 7BMW and 7DSP amps are 4ch inputs/8ch outputs standard.

The 7BMW is set for the HiFi system of the F30 - the OEM HU outputs 4ch, low level full range signals. Those are the 4ch inputs of the 7BMW, so there is bass in all channels.

The HiFi system in the G20 has an OEM HU that outputs its audio signals via Ethernet to a RAM module in the trunk. The RAM power the speakers via 7ch high level outputs -5ch are high passed (front, rear, center = mid and tweeters), 2ch are low passed (woofers = bass). No full range channels.

The 7BMW or the 7DSP require full range signals as its inputs. As there are no full range signals in any of the channels of the RAM so that's where the MEC-Analog module add-on comes in -it adds two extra inputs to the 7BMW or 7DSP so a 6ch input configuration can be created. These 6ch inputs are required for the 7BMW/7DSP to internally create a full range signal from front/rear/woofer RAM signals - front + rear + woofer = full range.

The MEC-Analog inputs are the woofer outputs of the RAM.

I would suggest to use all inputs (F/R/Aux) as the sources of all outputs so a full range signal is available at all speaker outputs, you can go lower or higher in the frequency range than the non-full range OEM signal for better tuning.
I have changed the Main Input Routing, and the sound is richer now.

Name:  2020-08-26 (2).png
Views: 2649
Size:  142.8 KB

Maybe still some tweaks and someone else to verify if the settings are right.
Appreciate 0