View Single Post
      04-13-2024, 05:59 AM   #1769
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Thanks, but I'm experiencing something differently (I don't have Parking Assistant) that I hope the new update will solve:

1. My car NEVER starts up in CarPlay even though I turned the car off with CarPlay active. Unlike my past BMW's that remembered the last state, every single time I start the engine, I have to tap the CarPlay button on the display to get it active again.

2. When in CarPlay, when I put the car into Reverse gear (backup camera comes on) and then back into Drive to drive off (backup camera goes away) the display shows the iDrive home screen and doesn't go back to CarPlay even though I was just in it 5 seconds earlier. I have to tap the button again to get CarPlay back up again.

These are the behaviors with the July '23 firmware that I am currently running that I am hoping the new April '24 firmware corrects and am hoping someone who used to have my problem can confirm it is solved now. Thanks.
Just in case others have the "when I restart the car or shift from the reverse camera back to drive the display goes back to the BMW home screen and not CarPlay" issue, the new firmware solves this.
Appreciate 1
zlatko135.50