04-17-2024, 12:48 PM   #27
road rage richie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojg View Post
My opinion is... If the main purpose of the vehicle is transportation look for something with a low depreciation but if the main purpose is fun then just buy what you want. One can easily spend $10,000 on a 2-3 week vacation and after it is over all you have is the memories. Money only has value if you spend it.

If you buy what you really want in the first place you won't have to worry about swapping it out in 2 years.

I agree 100%. Took 2 week vacations to Europe the last 2 summers which were amazing and the kid loved it but I have been dozens of times and I was willing to give one up this summer which would be about 2 years depreciation.

The G80 is INSANE, so much fun AND I have not even had break-in yet. So worth it. M3 road trip vacation this summer!

Also I work from home and this wont be changing! My direct commuting costs (parking, commuter train + subway) and my indirect costs - eggs at the diner by the station every day, lunches and dinners in the city was more than the nut on the MONSTER. My rationalization is FREE CAR for working from home!
Appreciate 2
2011ninja3414.00
turbojg367.00