04-18-2024, 05:47 AM   #29
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Comp. X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
...And just because we get what we really want, that certainly doesn’t mean we won’t swap it out when something else more desirable and within our affordability range comes along…
I think we all have to realize that there will always be new models with new features. That is how companies entice people to upgrade. How we deal with that is important. We can spend a lot more money and upgrade every year to just have the "latest and greatest" or we can be satisfied with what we have. After all we were happy when we bought it and if we weren't aware of the new model we would still be happy with what we have.

The problem that a lot of companies face as products reach their maturity is how to entice people to buy a new model each year. This is the reason so many companies are turning to annual subscriptions. These companies want a steady income every year as they run out of these"new features". I won't be surprised in the least if one of these days the car companies turn to the same tactics and you will no longer own your car but you will lease it from the car manufacturer. If you want to continue using that car you will have to pay the annual subscription fee. I think we all have to rebel against this new way of doing business.

I used to be one of those people who had to have a new phone every model year to have the "latest and greatest" but have broken free from that "addiction" and am now happy with what I have till it stops working. I have stopped looking every year at the new models. Been saving a lot of money that way and am able to use the money I save to buy different things that can make my life easier or happier. My 3 year old phone still makes and receives calls just as well. But hey, if having the "latest and greatest" is that important to you and you have the money to support that addiction, knock yourself out!
Appreciate 2
Lupeskew639.50
vbb1907.00