ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post

Another round?
OK, NOW I understand: You purport to know more about what's important to buyers than the buyers themselves, and because you know the "secret BMW handshake" and all the recent BMW buyers don't, you're more discerning, as well.

Your arrogance is breathtaking, as is your obstinance.

Tesla's issues are very much those of a company new to mass automobile manufacturing. But as has been pointed out, the iPhone's keyboard was inferior to that on a Blackberry. It didn't matter, though, that Blackberry had continually refined and improved their keyboard - the iPhone rendered the rest of the BB instantly obsolete.

BMW (and the German auto industry in general) was exceptionally late in recognizing that EVs would do to them as the iPhone did to the Blackberry. BMW even lost a senior official after he (much too recently) publicly questioned EVs' relevance.

The issues you've mentioned (which are, again, those same few that have been brought up ad nauseum on every non-Tesla forum for years, despite many of them being isolated incidents) do not negate the disruptiveness of Tesla's technologies nor have they caused anything more than minor blips in its growth.

I indeed hope that the i4 proves more competitive overall than Taycan, E-Tron and i-Pace.
Appreciate 0