View Single Post
      01-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #22
Enigma735
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatg20guy View Post
Had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday...no stored codes and couldn't replicate the issue since it's very sporadic for me as well. Hoping this issue gains more traction to force BMW to issue an official replacement program.

I even provided the PUMA reference number and a screen shot of the technical notes that another forum user posted, but with 0 stored fault codes they were unwilling to order the new part.
Keep bringing it back and show them the updated part on getbmwparts and tell them to bring in the shop foreman to approve. Mine had to be done under a repair order. Also, next time it happens, try to record it on your phone on a bass heavy song and also capture the sound settings (bass, treb, eq) to show a baseline and then take a second video when it’s working fine with the same bassy song and the same audio settings.

My local service center had 4 vehicles with HK and Live Cockpit Plus/Pro affected by this that after fixing mine they now default to the repair I provided from the PUMA. They submitted the feedback to BMW and there should be a bulletin soon.

Careful, the part takes some time to come in from Germany (mine took 2 weeks).
Appreciate 0