View Single Post
      08-24-2019, 05:19 PM   #18
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiner0123 View Post
Anyone notice on the G20 to at highway speeds or anything about 80km really the steering wheel becomes almost rock hard and requires a lot of force, I love that and wish it was like that at lower speeds,
I noticed that the first time I took my car on a long spirited drive on A-roads. The steering heaviness increases significantly after 70-80km/h. It's still not heavy enough to be tiring, but it's definitely much heavier than in city on lower speed. I would say it's pretty much spot on.

And about the steering rack ratio, or "quickness"... Coming from a car that had quicker and more direct steering in the middle position, I can only appreciate the relaxed center steering of the G20. While F30 felt loose and disconnected in the middle, G20 is also slower around the center but manages to feel tight, precise and direct. This slight lightness in the middle allows you to feel relaxed at the wheel at high speeds, especially on european highways where 150km/h and above is a cruising speed that can be driven for hours.
My last car was more direct and quicker in the middle and this made it tiring at high-speed autobahn driving.

Last edited by Calamari; 08-25-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 1