Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
I wish we had the 320d in the states.

It would sell so well here.
BMW brought the F30 320d to the US market (though it was designated 328d here instead), and nobody bought it.
Saw one last week. And yes, they didn't sell at all. Diesel has a bad stigma in the US, is expensive as premium 91/93 unleaded gas and for some it means refueling at truck stops when on road trips.

Remember, we don't get taxed here based on displacement/carbon emissions and compared to most of Europe, gasoline is still very cheap here. We have no incentive whatsoever to put up with what most perceive to be as tractor engines.

In Europe people get taxed up the ting yang and punished the larger the motor is and whether it drinks lots of petrol and emits higher emissions. This is one of the reasons why diesels are still very popular in most of those countries as they are taxed less than gasoline counterparts not to mention lower running costs.

Sadly, people here in the US still doesn't realize how good they have it when it comes to cars vs the rest of the world. Cheap cars, cheap gas and more choice.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0