View Single Post
      11-15-2021, 01:14 PM   #22
Robtor
Rep
Drives: Bmw m440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cadet View Post
Things are getting worse. BMW Dealer has just told me that from week 42 production, all 3 & 4 series cars will lose touchscreen functions and reversing functions from the iDrive with System 7. Those with orders ‘in flight’ will be offered a £500 rebate. Affects System 7 equipped vehicles. There’s no end date for this ‘temporary’ removal and my Dealer tells me that there is nothing that they can do to help. I’m going in this weekend to discuss options, including cancellation.

I will likely either look at a different model, or even defer until the LCI comes on stream.

If you have an order with this production week or later, call your dealer.
Wow so you ordered in August and are being told a May build date? 9 months to be built and a bunch of options removed..while some people seem to think theirs will only take a few months.

I ordered a m440i last month, I'll give it a week or two to see if I'm contacted, then I'll start pestering both the dealer and bmw uk for updates. What I don't want to happen is to wait months only to have them change the date/order nearer the time assuming I won't back out as I've already waited so long.

Poo times!
Appreciate 0