09-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #19
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
How would this work with a leased vehicle. Pardon my lack of knowledge, haven't leased a BMW since 2011. Already took delivery of the M340i so if I buy the MPE out of pocket and have it installed at an authorized BMW dealer would this cause any issue with warranty despite it being an OEM exhaust and what is the policy of turning it in at lease end with mod installed?
I doubt there will be any warranty issues as this is an OEM BMW accessory part being installed at a dealer.

I'm leasing my car however I included the exhaust as part of my order. For you however I believe you need to have the original exhaust put back on. My pre-turn in instructions for my current 340i state that any accessory (whether OEM BMW parts installed at a certified installer or aftermarket marks by someone else) needs to be removed. The opposite applies in my case where the exhaust is built into the order and residualized into the lease.

I think your better off putting the standard exhaust back on and sell the performance exhaust for some money.

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0