Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I think the used base 911 or 911S market will take a hit when they can buy a brand new Vette for the same money.
I highly doubt that, for reasons Hack stated above.

A Porsche is still a premium, low volume product with a top tier brand name and image. For those very fortunate people who are able to spend $100k+ on a Porsche I dont think they give a crap about the "value" that the Vette offers. If they really want a Vette they will probably just pick one up to park next to their Porsche in their garage.

Again, like Hack stated, the value of the Vette has always been there compared to cars much more expensive. The only thing to really change for the Vette is that it looks more exotic now. Performance is just one aspect of purchasing a car. Craftsmanship, name brand, image, aspiration, etc and many other factors come into play as well. A Timex watch will keep perfect time and cost $100 but those that choose to buy a Rolex For $10k do so for more reasons than simply wanting to know what time it is.
I think where we may differ is the strength of the appeal of a mid-engine, n/a V8 sports car. I think this; along with the fact that it's used 911 vs NEW C8; will cause an erosion (or some level) of used 911 and 911S.